It's as easy as 1, 2, 3!
1. Sift 2g/1 tsp of matcha powder to deep wide matcha bowl
2. Add 80ml of hot water, max 80°
3. With the bamboo whisk and a relaxed wrist vigorously froth matcha making “M” motions for about 20 secs. and until a smooth creamy emerald green foam layer is formed. You can also use an electric milk frother. If you prefer your matcha less full-bodied, then add more water.
4. Sit back and enjoy your cup of Zen.
- some like it light, others prefer it strong and add very little water for a more intense taste. Instead of water, you can also mix your matcha with juice, milk or other dairy free drinks . Matcha can also be prepared in a shaker, hot or cold . Just pour in a dose of matcha, close the shaker and shake it vigorously several times. If you don't have a shaker, a bottle of water will do!
- Do not add more than 10cl of hot water before beating with the whisk or the milk frother: adding too much water prevents foam from forming. Add water to your liking once the foam has formed.
- The water should be around 80 ° to preserve the softness and lightness of the matcha. Boiling water releases the tannins in the tea, making it more bitter.
- To clean your bamboo tools, simply rinse them with water without using soap. The bamboo chasen whisk can be stored on a whisk holder to prevent it from deforming.